Friday, January 21, 2011

Learning to Say Yes

A few months ago, I was reading, on a blog of course, that as parents we typically say no too much.  This is of course because most of the things being asked of me are not always the easiest, most efficient way.  So I challenged myself to say yes to my children more often.  Of course there are times when a no is in order. But really so what if it takes me 15 min longer to make dinner because Hannah wants to help really why does it matter if dinner is 15 min later? But that time spent in the kitchen with her is priceless and I hope she will look back fondly of those times.

So last weekend when Hannah and Emiliano came to me, wanting to make banana muffins (yes because Dad had hinted to them they he might want some) I put myself aside dragged my tired prego behind out of bed where i was going to take a nap, and made banana muffins with them.  They were so proud that they made themselves and dad a snack. So that hour I could have taken a nap and then quickly made muffins, but instead I said yes to them because really is it that big of a deal for me no, but the them it was the world of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment